The past two weeks is becoming a blur (which it mostly was!), so I'd better write down what happened.
We had Erin's two oldest girls while she was in the hospital having Ruby. We were their school shuttle to and from school, and they spent the night two nights. Between that and making a run to Brian's school for papers that week, we keep the roads on that side of town very busy! On Friday, Jan, Jolene and I made a trip to the Bazzill warehouse sale. What fun that was! They do the sale once a year and it's a good time to pick up lots of cardstock at a much reduced price. You can't be too picky on colors, since the items on sale are discontinued papers and overstocked papers. But I think I got a nice variety that should last at least a little while.
The first weekend in October was general conference. It was wonderful to stay home and watch all of the sessions. They were GREAT! I especially enjoyed Elder Holland's talk. What a powerful man!
On Monday, I picked up Ellie and Hattie and brought them home to give Erin another day to rest. However, Libby was home ill that day, so I'm not sure how much rest she actually got. She also took Ruby to the Dr. for her one week visit and she was deemed healthy!
On Tuesday, Luke came to spend the day. He'd had a touch of a fever and they didn't want him "contaminating" the other day care kids. Jan came over early that morning and we spent all morning getting kits ready for an upcoming class. We were BUSY, to say the least. And Luke behaved very well and allowed us to work. What a good boy he is!
On Wednesday, I was the after-school shuttle for Abby and Dallin. Brian was gone to his school's Outdoor Ed., and they needed a ride home and a place to stay until Kamille could pick them up after work. Also on that day, Aunt Dovetta was put in the hospital. She hadn't been feeling well and the Dr. at urgent care thought she might be having a heart attack. She spent until Friday in the hospital and they determined that her heart wasn't pumping hard enough to oxygenate her blood sufficiently, so she wasn't getting enough oxygen. They sent her home with oxygen and is supposed to have more tests. As of today, that hasn't been done. I'm not sure when it will be done. It's hard to get much information from my dad.
Thursday afternoon I was not only the shuttle for Abby and Dallin, but also for Eliza and Libby. Erin said that the hardest time was from the time the older girls get home from school until Brian comes home, so I offered to take the older girls that day. I forgot to mention that I went to Erin's that day and we had the wild idea to make a trip to Hobby Lobby. We both needed to check out a couple of things, so we loaded up Ellie, Hattie and Ruby and headed off. The girls were very good, considering, but it was a little chaotic. But we survived!
On Friday, Mark took the day off work. He thought we needed a day of R&R, so after we went to Erin's to help her with a couple of shopping items, we went junkin'. We didn't find much, but it was a good day.
Saturday was our stake Preparedness Fair. We had planned on attending a couple of classes, but on Friday night, Eliza called and asked us if we'd come to her soccer game. How do you say no? So Saturday morning we went to watch Eliza play soccer. Then we went to the preparedness fair and spent a little time, then headed off to watch Dallin's T-ball game. It was fun to watch the kids play! That afternoon, we'd agreed to watch Libby and Ellie while Erin went with Brian to their ward Standard's Night. (Eliza was at a birthday party and they got a sitter for Hattie.) So we picked the girls up and took them to a holiday boutique. I think they had fun. Libby was looking for a particular toy we'd purchased last year at a different boutique, and was disappointed when we didn't find them this time. But they did like the kettle corn we got! Then we went to dinner....they wanted McDonald's. Yuck! But they liked it. Mark and I opted to get dinner later...somewhere else! We took the girls home about 9 pm and we went home and CRASHED. But Sunday morning came quickly and I taught my RS lesson. It turned out to be a good lesson...on families. It's an easy topic, but could have turned sour quickly....Keep in mind that not everybody has what's considered to be the "ideal" family. However, I would say that the majority of the ladies in the room are in the less than "ideal" family situation. They're not alone....but we just have to get through it the best we can and make the best of whatever situation we are presented with.
Sunday dinner was quick and easy. We picked up pizzas on Saturday at Costco and cooked them on Sunday. And we had cookies for dessert. Then the parents went home and five of the grandkids spent the night. There was no school on Monday, so we thought it would be funn to have a sleepover. Matt and Emma couldn't make it because Emma was feeling ill. We sure missed them. But they're spending the night with us very soon. By the time we got everyone delivered back home on Monday afternoon, Mark and I were totally wasted. We came home in a sort of catatonic state and just sat for quite a while. We did get up later in the evening and did a few things, but we had been on kid-overload! And we're sure not used to that.
Today was a "back to normal" day....mostly. My visiting teacher came by this morning and Erin and I met at Joann's for a couple of items and to deliver Ellie's much ancitipated and hard to find glitter crayons. She'd earned them on her chart, but we had been unable to find them anywhere. Mark and I found them last night at Hobby Lobby, so we picked up a few extra boxes to have on hand.
Tomorrow's another day. Let's hope I can keep up better with this blog. Sheesh! Ths past two weeks have been a blur. Where did the time go???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment