I'm going to try to play catch-up for the month of November. I went visiting teaching the first week of the month since we knew we'd all be busy as the month progressed. The next day my body decided to be sick. I went to the Dr. who said I was having complications from allergies. So he gave me a few days of prednisone. I don't really like the feelings I have when I take it, but it does take care of allergies and inflammation. I wasn't getting better, though. I was sick on my birthday....which was a real bummer. Mark had taken the day off so we could spend it together, but we ended up spending it together at home. I missed teaching a class on Saturday, which didn't make me happy at all. By Monday, I still wasn't better, so back to the Dr. I went. He gave me another week of prednisone and antibiotic and it seems (finally) to have kicked the junk out of my system.
That week I was sick I managed to make Eliza a pioneer apron. She was in a play that their stake put on and she needed/wanted an apron. Abby had her student of the month assembly that week, too. She's such a sweet girl and such a good student. She's every teacher's dream child. I did drag myself out of bed for a couple of hours to go watch Eliza's play. It was very good and Eliza did a great job. I also missed going to Matthew's Scout-O-Rama that weekend. Man, I don't like being sick!
And the final missed event was teaching Relief Society. Thankfully, Heather Stone stepped in and taught for me.
The next week was Veteran's Day, so we had Matthew and Dallin over for a boys' sleepover. They had a great time together. Obviously, there are huge differences between a girl sleepover and a boy sleepover. Lots of bodily noises and laughing done while the boys were here. Enough said.
Aunt Dovetta went into the hospital that week and spent a few days there. They weren't able to do the procedure they'd hoped to do, but sent her home with medications that are supposed to help somewhat.
We had Ellie's birthday sleepover on Friday night. I say sleepover, but she didn't spend the night. We picked her up and took her shopping for her gift and took her to dinner. She chose to go to Elephant Bar and she LOVED it! It was so much fun to have just Ellie to spend time with and get to know her better and build our bond with her. We took her home to sleep and picked her up the next morning, along with three of her sisters to spend a few more hours. We took them to lunch and had a great time with them. However, we're so not used to having that many kids at one time!!! Yikes!
The week of the 16th was a busy week, too....but aren't they all?? Book group was Tuesday night. We discussed The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck. I loved the book, but some others had mixed reviews. Earlier that day Erin and I made bread....she made bread and I tried out a new roll recipe. What delicious rolls they are! I'll be making them again on Wednesday for Thanksgiving. I got the recipe online from Our Best Bites. If I knew how to link it here, I would, but I don't, so you'll just have to find it on your own. Sorry.
Wednesday was a baby shower for Courtney Overstreet in the ward. She had her baby about six weeks early....but he's doing great.
Thursday last week was Abby's Thanksgiving program at school. The second graders put on a program with speaking parts and singing. It was fun!
On Friday, Erin had youth conference and battled with herself as to what to do with Ruby. She didn't want to have to be away from her for too long at a time, so I went to Youth Conference. Ruby and I spent the whole time in the car. She was so good. She slept the entire time, except when she woke up long enough to eat. Then back to sleep she went. I had planned on walking around, but it was too cold for her. We snuggled in the car and were quite content.
Yesterday Jan and I taught the Zutter class again at Scrap Happy Sisters. We had 9 in the class. It was a fun group and most of them finished their books. We had several requests to teach it again in January....so I guess we will!
Today we went to Erin's ward. They were reorganizing the bishopric (again!) and Brian was put in as first counselor this time. Now we're off to Matthew and Emma's Primary Program. That makes three programs this year. The fun part is that they're all enough different that it's still very interesting and fun to watch the children express their testimonies through spoken word and music.
This week is Thanksgiving, but it doesn't feel much like it. We'll be getting together with Erin's family for Thanksgiving lunch and meeting up with Dan and his family, too, for dessert and fun at a park.
I almost forgot....today is Ellie's birthday. She's four....and I can hardly believe it. It was four years ago that she came home from the hospital on Thanksgiving Day! What a memorable day that was. Ellie is such a little mother and organizer. I know it probably annoys her sisters, but it will serve her well as she gets older. Love you, Ellie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You have nice blog:)
Post a Comment