Saturday, March 27, 2010

So Blessed!

Today was a wonderful day. The weather was nice, though a bit breezy. We had our annual family Easter party. We went to a local park and had a GREAT time! We started off with lunch....everybody brought their own. Then we had our fun games/activities. First we started off with the traditional, Tootie-Tah! That's always a hit! Then we had some three-legged races. So funny! The grandkids hadn't ever done it before, and it was fun to watch them figure out a system whereby they didn't fall on the ground! Next we played with bubbles. The kids couldn't get enough of that one. Hattie especially enjoyed chasing the bubbles!! And Luke had to figure out that you blow out of the opposite end that you stick into the bubble suds. A couple of weeks ago Mark and I found some small marshmallow shooters at a boutique and figured that that would be fun for the party. And boy, was it fun! We got one for each of the grandkids and their dads. The kids figured out quickly how to make them work. And they figured out some tricks to get them to shoot further and how to shoot several marshmallows at one time!! The birds at the park will have a feast this week! Then we had the fish pond. It was a little "make-shift" this year, but fun nonetheless. After that the kids (and their dads) played some baseball, rode around the park on their bikes and scooters, played on the playground equipment and had a great time together. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family that will put aside time to spend together. It was a memorable day. And also so grateful for my children. They are the best! I'm grateful that they love and support one another (and us!) and that they choose to follow the Prophet and live the gospel to the best of their abilities. I'm also grateful that they will go out of their way to help one another. One of the kids needed a little help today, and another of them stopped what he was doing to lend that much-needed help. You know who you are. I love and appreciate all of you. Erin had a big event today that she was "in charge" of. She was in charge of the program and refreshments for the YW Broadcast in their stake. They recognized each of the YW who earned their YW Medallions this year. She and a friend made some darling bracelets from vintage spoons. I'll try to get a picture to post. And she also did very creative refreshments. They had a sundae soiree....vanilla ice cream with various toppings. The creative part was that she found yummy toppings for the sundaes that were in the eight value colors. So fun! I'm so proud of my kids and the choices they make that keep them on the right track. And I'm grateful that they're passing on that tradition to their own children. I'm feeling very blessed today.