


Last week Matthew invited us to his last Cub Scout pack meeting. He turns 11 this week and will now be a Blazer Scout. At the pack meeting, he received his Arrow of Light award. Matthew earned most, if not all, of the Cub Scout belt loops and he earned all 20 activity pins. He's quite the achiever! Their ward has a fabulous Cub Scout program. The cub master does a phenomenal job. She is always on the ball and have everything well planned out and executes it well. They always have wonderful ceremonies that recognize the hard work and accomplishments of the boys. And last week's meeting was no exception. There were three older scouts who were dressed as Indian braves, complete with drum, headdress and rabbit hides who put on a wonderful ceremony that presented Matthew with his Arrow of Light award and welcomed him as he crossed the bridge into Boy Scouts. A funny thing that happened was when he crossed the bridge, the scoutmaster said to him, "Welcome to Boy Scouts." To which Matthew replied, "I'm glad to be here!" The cub master presented him with a hand beaded band with his name and a row of beading that represented every milestone and achievement he'd made in cub scouts. A lady in their ward made him an arrow to represent the arrow of light. It had an arrowhead lashed on the tip, feathers on the other end of the shaft and all along the shaft she'd wrapped different colored threads that represented his accomplishments in cub scouts. Needless to say, I was bustin' my buttons with pride for his accomplishments. I know we aren't supposed to be prideful, but I was so very pleased with his hard work and determination to do well. And I salute his parents, for without their help and support, it probably wouldn't have happened. I appreciate their hard work and dedication. And to top off the evening, Matthew's best friend gave the closing prayer. It was very touching when he asked Heavenly Father to help Matthew be successful as he moved on to Scouts and he blessed all of the other boys that they could follow Matt's example. After the meeting, Matt gave him a 'boy' hug. It was very sweet and touching.

1 comment:
That looked fun!
Post a Comment