
Tuesday night was our RS book group. We read this book....A Quiet Heart by Patricia Holland. It's a very good book.

I worked all week on getting some baby blankets sewn for Humanitarian Service. Our ward committed to make 600. That's quite a lofty goal for just a month, I think. So I took two bundles, which made 20. I'm almost to think that if everyone made 20, we still won't be done by the end of the month. Oh well. I did what I could do. And I'm glad that they're done.

On Tuesday, the summer program kids went to see the animated movie, "Up". So Brian, his kids and I tagged along. We all enjoyed the movie. Even Luke (2 year old) sat through the whole thing so we could all stay in the theater. It was a good movie that I would recommend.
On Wednesday, Pat Brady and his wife, Dotty, brought their various desert animals to the summer program to teach the kids about desert wildlife. Brian took his kids, mostly because Dallin was determined to hold a snake. He got his wish. He held a king snake, a Sonoran gopher snake, a desert tortoise and a tarantula. Ewww!! But he did great and was very pleased with his courage and bravery.

I went visiting teaching to two of my ladies on Thursday morning. The message this month is about improving our prayers. We need to be more open to what the Lord has in store for us and what he has planned for us rather than us telling him what we want to have happen. It was a good lesson for me. I took the ladies each a prayer rug to go along with the message.



If you couldn't tell by now, this week was spent a lot with the summer program and the fun things they get to do. Friday was no exception. We went to Sunsplash in Mesa. In years past, we went to WaterWorld in Glendale, but it's closed down and the new Wet and Wild isn't open yet. So this session went to Sunsplash. It was fun to try out a new and different water park. Luke thoroughly enjoyed himself until he got too wet and the wind blew. He was shivering and his teeth were chattering. He'd want to snuggle in his towel until he got warm and dried off a bit, then he was back at it.

Saturday was a killer day for me. Jan and I taught two classes at Scrap Happy Sisters. We should have planned better because we didn't even have time to breathe between classes. The first class went longer than planned and we weren't finished with it before we had to get set up for the next one. We were there and on our feet from 10 am until after 5:30 pm. We were both beat by the time we got home. Mark spent the day shuttling me to and from the store, picking up Dad and Aunt Dovetta from the airport, grocery shopping and doing a couple of errands. The classes went well and I'm glad they're over!
Today is Father's Day. I think Mark got to have a relaxing day...at least I did! Kamille told us earlier this week that she and the kids were getting Brian a nice waffle maker and invited us for dinner tonight. It was delicious. Brian's already a pro at making the waffles. They were so light and fluffy! We had lots of yummy toppings....butter, peanut butter, pecans, chocolate chips, peaches, strawberries, maple syrup and whipped cream. It was a total sugar overload! At this point, I would challenge that non-blogging son who pointed out that my blog hadn't been updated in a week to start his own blog and set me an example, but I won't. He's the one who invited us to dinner tonight. And they took us to dinner after Sunsplash on Friday, so all is forgiven.
So here's to a new week. And it already is looking to be BUSY!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment