Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wow...Twice in a week!

Can you believe it? It's not the weekend, and I'm doing a blog entry. Monday started off with me finishing up my visiting teaching. I visited Jenny Cooper. She has four kids and the all (except the baby) wanted to visit with us! So funny! They have another new addition to their household....a baby goat! Charlie, the goat, greeted me as I walked up to their house on Monday. He was wading in the irrigation in their front yard. I guess they tried putting him in a fenced area in the back yard, but their big dogs thought he was their next meal, so that had to quickly change. In the meantime, Charlie is living in the front yard until they get his new pen built. He's pretty cute, though! On Tuesday, Mark's work schedule was a little different. He didn't go in until aroung 2:30 in the afternoon since the summer program was going to a Diamondbacks Game. So he got to chauffeur me to my hair appointment and find something to do while I got my hair cut. We came home and Brian brought his kids over for a couple of hours so he could get his homework done for his summer school class. He's Mr. Mom this summer and trying to work in his Masters' classes. The kids aren't always cooperative while he does his homework, so he dropped them off here and he headed to Borders to read his lesson material. .

Then we left for the baseball game. Erin and her family and Dan and his family met us there. It was fun to have them with us. We just wish Brian didn't have school on Tuesday nights, which happens to be the nights for the baseball games. Wednesday was a very busy day. It started off with a phone meeting with all of the 7gypsies design team members. We got new directions and instructions for the upcoming months. We're going to be busier than ever! After the meeting, I headed to Jan's where we taught a class to about 15 women in her home. That seems to be much more profitable than teaching in the stores...but you didn't hear that from me! I hurried home and got ready to head to the church where I taught a class to the Young Women. It was a scrappy day for me that day. And today was so fun. The summer program went to Broadway Palms in Mesa to see The Jungle Book. It was very well done and everyone loved it. Erin took all four of her girls and we were a bit nervous about Hattie sitting through it, but she did great. She laughed and had a grand time. Kathy Crouse brought her boys and joined in the fun. The only downside was when the monkeys raced past our table...one of them got a little wild and knocked over a full glass of water. It landed in my lap. That wouldn't have been so bad, but the glass shattered and not only did I have cold water in my lap, but I also had lots of glass embedded in my clothes. That wasn't fun. I was eager to get home and change into something less sharp, so to speak! Tomorrow is Friday, and I'm hoping for a calm, quiet day. We'll see

No comments: