Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Little of This, a Little of That

Where do I start? I guess I'll start with some of my Project 365 photos...

Erin and I made bread last week and Hattie wanted to try her hand with the 'Ove Gloves. She did a pretty good job of modeling them with her bathing suit. Doesn't everyone bake bread in their bathing suit??

Dad and Aunt Dovetta came home from Silver City via Virden. They brought back 24 HUGE watermelons. They used a few of them for a High Priest party in their ward and the rest they shared with family. Here is ours. The picture doesn't do it justice. It's ginormous!! I had to weigh at least 50 lbs. We ate it for several days!!

I've been working on another altered book taken from Erin's Big Picture Scrapbooking class. It's the same techniques, but a different book. Here is the result.

A couple of weeks ago, Mark and I had a fun day junkin' around the valley. Here are a few of the items I scored! Mostly they're for a class I'll be teaching in RS at Super Saturday. You'll want to sign up...I know you will!!

And I've been bidding on a few items on ebay. I got this wonderful vintage bingo game and a couple of sets of word flash cards. The Bingo game is large enough for a party of people and it's aged nicely, but in pristine condition! I was lucky on that one!

Last Tuesday I went to the Southwest Summer Trade Show for scrapbooking retailers in Scottsdale. Here is evidence that I went! Deb did a make-and-take using the 7gypsies binderie punch. The cover papers, etc. are from 7gypsies. The insides were from various other companies, but since I'm a gypsy at heart, I'm sure they will be replaced...not the cover, just the "guts". Several companies did make-and-takes. Some were better than others...but 7gypsies was the BEST! But am I prejudiced? I think not! It was fun to see the new products that were released at the CHA summer show. My friends and I did a bit of damage when we made some hefty orders. But oh, how fun it will be to play when it gets here!



Friday and Saturday was Libby's birthday sleepover. She chose McDonald's for dinner. Rest assured that Mark and I chose something else! But that's what she wanted. She also wanted to go to Castles 'N Coasters to play miniature golf. She's pretty good! She got several holes in one and beat Mark, to boot. I didn't play...I took pictures! Of course, she wanted ice cream afterwards! It was hot, after all. The next morning she wanted Pop Tarts for breakfast. Then we headed off to Target to shop. She had to look at EVERYTHING before deciding. We looked at clothes, books, movies, toys, room decor, shoes, etc. She kept saying, "I'll remember that." And we'd move on. As you can tell in the picture, she chose several items to stimulate her creativity. She got a Klutz stenciling kit, Play-Doh, a white board and several markers, two Amelia Bedelia books (they are her current favorite), and a movie. I'd tell you the name, but I can't say it nor spell it, so you're on your own! She couldn't wait to go home so she could get started creating.


That evening, Eliza called us and asked us to come watch her in their ward talent show. It was sort of spur of the moment. She did a little jump rope routine....all by herself! She choreographed it by herself and did a great job!

Today I went visiting teaching. I've been going alone all summer since my partner moved. And one of the ladies I visit moved last month. Boo! Hoo!! But I'm getting a new partner next month and we get one more lady to visit. It's a great group and I'm looking forward to it.

I snapped this picture today on my way home. I was noticing the clouds and they were beautiful...so billowy and fluffy. I had to snap a picture. I just wish it would have rained. Tonight is the RS book group. We'll be discussing a Mary Ellen Edmunds book, "Peculiar in a Good Way". It was an excellent book. I enjoy her perspective and dry humor. Very motivating. Next month we're reading "Minding Mama" by Marilyn Arnold. I just started it and it's very funny already.
On to the next things.....

3 comments:

Erin said...

What class are you teaching at enrichment?

Janet and Nate said...

Ann I want to sign up for your RS Super Saturday. Email details :)

Courtni said...

hey ann -- i am back (well trying to be) into the world of blogging and have so much to catch up on...both my own blog and everyone else's blogs! life without internet is the pits!

i won't comment on all the ones i have missed, but will be looking through and catching up on what you have been doing. (lots, i am sure!)

miss you!