Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Back already?

Yesterday was our anniversary (37 years!). Mark took the day off and we slept in and were VERY lazy. We got a late start, but made it out the door before noon (barely!). We did a little junkin' and made our way to Broadway Palm in Mesa for dinner and a show. Dinner was okay....the names of the dishes sound way better than they really taste. The show was good....The Unsinkable Molly Brown. It just wasn't the same without Debbie Reynolds, though. Today I worked all day on a wearable art project for 7gypsies. The assignment was to make something wearable from any of the 7gypsies products. We did a similar challenge a few years ago and it was easier back then because they had more embellishments to choose from. But today I worked on and finished an apron. Mostly, I copied patterned paper onto fabric and used it to embellish an off-white apron. I think it turned out okay. I'm afraid to wash it though....it will probably all wash out (the color, that is!). I'd better get all the pictures I need and hope they don't need to actual project!!
Erin called me this afternoon and asked me if I'd meet her at urgent care. Ellie fell off their swingset and hurt her arm. I met her there (after frantically showering and getting ready while Mark brought the car home to me)and I watched Hattie and Ruby while Erin had Ellie looked at. Turns out she broke both bones in her left wrist. They fixed her up with a splint and a cute sling. She wasn't at all happy about it though. It seemed like she was embarrassed about the whole ordeal. She'll have to learn that a cast is a "medal of honor" in the eyes of other kids! By this afternoon, she was playing a little, so that's good. She has to go to an orthopaedic Dr. in a few days to get a hard cast on it. Poor girl.
We've been enjoying watching the Olympics. It's amazing what some athletes are capable of doing. And I like watching the Olympics, but it's too cold for me to actually be there!!

No comments: