This weekend has been another busy one. It started off with Hattie's birthday sleepover. She's been looking forward to and talking about it for weeks. Everything is..."I'll do that for my sleepover. I want that for my sleepover. Etc."
I picked her up from Brian early Friday afternoon. We hung out at the house and waited for Mark (Grandpa) to get home from work. She enjoyed watching Snowball Express while we waited. Then we were off. We went shopping for her birthday gift first. She chose a Cinderella dress, a crown, Fancy Nancy shoes (which she wore to church today without her mother knowing it!), and a Cinderella doll. We also shopped for a little gift from her for Abby's and Dallin's birthday party on Saturday. Then we went to dinner at the Elephant Bar. She thoroughly enjoyed herself. She ordered mac and cheese and got a special hot fudge sundae, complete with a birthday candle, for dessert. She told us that was her birthday party. I think she associates the party with blowing out the candles. Then we came home and watched Nim's Island (her choice!). When it was time to get ready for bed, she was ready to go home. Although she'd brought her sleeping bag, etc., she wanted to be home with her mom when it was bedtime. So we took her home. Then we picked her (along with Eliza, Libby and Ellie) up for the Abby and Dallin birthday party on Saturday at Peter Piper Pizza. The kids all had a GREAT time, but personally, there were way too many birthday parties at the same time and too many kids running around for my taste and comfort. I kept thinking I was going to lose one of them! After we took the party-goers home, Mark and I did our Saturday shopping and spent the evening watching the Olympics. Today was church and we had three excellent women speakers in Sacrament meeting. Jessica Crouse spoke about faith, Suzanne Webb spoke about teaching our children what's important....the gospel, and Tracy Heid spoke about charity. They were all great talks. After church, Mark and I took a nap (short but sweet), watched some Olympics and did some odds and end chore that needed to be done. On to another week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment