Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Another Friend

Today I went to Erin's for a couple of hours to stay with Libby, who was home ill, so Erin could attend a luncheon for a friend who was moving. Libby seemed excited to have me there. She had mac and cheese for lunch, then we drew some pictures and she read the Friend. My goodnes, but can that girl read! She's 5 and in kindergarten, but has been reading since before school started this year. She could read anything in the Friend magazine and didn't let any of the words trip her up. I'm amazed at how smart kids are these days and how well they do in school. It's like once the idea of putting letters together to make words clicks in their heads, there is no holding them back! I think we read the magazine from cover to cover....at least once! Erin said that Libby and Eliza really enjoy the online Friend activities at lds.org. What a blessing to have that available to kids instead of the more undesirable internet activities.
Tomorrow is bread-making day, so tonight I ground the wheat. We've gotten pretty good and quick at the bread making. And yum! is it good!!!

No comments: