Sunday, February 1, 2009

Bummer!

Today was the much anticipated Super Bowl XLIII. It's the one where the Arizona Cardinals finally made it!! Sadly, the Cardinals lost...but it was a good game right to the bitter end. Bummer! Mark said it was a good think that we aren't die-hard fans, or we would have taken it a lot harder, I'm sure. We had our annual gathering at Erin's house so the kids would have room to play together while the adults watched the game. Kamille was the good one, and worked on her Relief Society business while the rest of us cheered. Erin cheered loudest of all, and she took a lot of ribbing from the guys. She doesn't cheer all year, but today she made up for it, for sure!!!
Dinner was great. We had Cafe Rio pork, cilantro lime rice, creamy tomatillo dressing and chips and salsa. Erin made fresh tortillas and of course, we had dessert. Erin is so good at trying out new recipes and today was no different. She made marshmallow treats, but used strawberry marshmallows. Not only were they delicious with a hint of strawberry, but they were pink! And she made a devil's food cake with two layers of chocolate and cool whip in between....and Cool Whip icing on top. Yum!
I was sustained today in my new calling....Relief Society instructor. I teach the second Sunday each month and next week is my week. Wish me luck!
Thankfully, this week looks (at this point) to be a "quiet" week...visiting teaching, a class at Scrap Happy Sisters and a baby shower. Not too bad. We'll see if that's what actually happens!

1 comment:

Courtni said...

2 things -- SUCH a sad Super Bowl game...I got to watch it live (of course, it was on Monday, not Sunday) and I got Brett and Abby to cheer for the Cardinals with me.

Also, JEALOUS, JEALOUS, JEALOUS of the pork salad...I love that!