Wednesday, February 4, 2009

We're in trouble!

Sunday morning, I was cold, so I was heating a corn bag in the microwave. After I put it in, I walked down the hallway (behind the kitchen) and heard a LOUD pop! I went in the kitchen and the microwave was off and dark....nothing working at all! No lights, no fan, nothing. So Mark went out to check the circuit breaker and it was fine. So no microwave. So sad. Today the repairman finally came out and gave us the verdict. The magnatron is shot! It's the big part (read most expensive part) of the microwave. He said it would take five working days to get the part in and another five working days to get it fixed. He removed the microwave from above the stove and took it away to the microwave hospital. I thought living four days without a microwave was bad. Now we have to live without our devoted friend for two weeks! Yikes! Like I said, we're in trouble! I told the man....I don't know how to cook without it. Truth be known, I can cook, but I can't reheat anything without it. Ok, I take that back, too. I can reheat things, but you have to dirty another pan of some sort in order to reheat anything. Talk about reverting back in time!! So my photo of the day for my project 365 was my broken microwave. We'll miss her, and will be waiting with open arms for her to return home once again. Luckily, we have a home warranty that will pay for the repair. Whew!

No comments: