Last week, I had Abby here for three days because she kept having a fever....no other symptoms, but just a fever. And with the "swine flu" scare, the school is a bit touchy with kids and fevers. So she spent some time with me. We had fun together! We watched movies, cartoons (too many of those), read books, made jewelry and worked on my paper projects. She especially likes to do rub-ons!! She even made her own little book about their upcoming trip to Idaho.


Saturday was the end of the soccer season. Abby didn't get to play (due to her fever), but Eliza and Dallin both had good games. Eliza's team won, and so did Dallin's. Dallin even scored a goal! Yea, Dallin!!
Later that day, Mark and I took Eliza all around the valley taking pictures. I'm working on a cityscape book project and I needed pictures of valley "icons". Eliza was more than willing to help. But it was so darned hot!! I'm not at all happy that summer is here already and has hit with a vengeance.
On Sunday, we had our regular Sunday dinner, but we celebrated Erin's and Kamille's birthdays. Erin's birthday is tomorrow and Kamille's is Thursday. We had warm ham rolls, oven baked fries, a veggie tray and for dessert, double chocolate pie and cheesecake. Everyone seemed to enjoy the menu.
I have been wanting to go to the Desert Botanical Gardens for the Chihuly exhibit for a couple of months now. But of course, we waited until the last week and the hottest day of the year so far! Yikes! It was 108 degrees when we went it at 5:30 pm and believe it or not, it was 109 degrees when we came out at 8:30 pm!! It was a fabulous exhibit, though. We've admired his work ever since one of his glass sculptures was installed in the Glendale Public Library near us. So it was a real treat to see more of his wonderful creations. I would have loved to have watch them install (and take down) this exhibit. The pieces are all throughout the garden and in and amongst the many species of cacti. And when the sun went down, the art was beautifully lit for your viewing pleasure. I've never been at the Desert Botanical Garden when it was so crowded. A lot of people had the same idea we did. I only wish we would have gone a month sooner...when it was cool and you needed a jacket!

1 comment:
Are those the pictures you took? They are great!!!!
Post a Comment