Tonight has been so much fun! The school-aged granddaughters are her for a sleepover/pajama party. We started out the evening getting everyone picked up/dropped off at various points in the valley. Then it was dinner. At first, it looked like it might be a problem getting all four of them to decide on one dinner location. But then they asked if they went to Wendy's, could they have a Frosty. Of course, the answer was a resounding, "Yes!" (especially if that meant just one stop!). So we stopped and picked up Wendy's on the way home. Naturally, they got the order totally wrong, so after a rather stern phone call, Mark returned and they got things straightened out. Sheesh! How hard is it?? It would have helped had we been able to understand the broken English of the order-taker! Oh, well. Then it took another hour plus to finish up dinner, brush teeth and get ready for bed. And of course, it was a little interesting getting their bedrolls situated just right. Then we watched a new movie I picked up today, Princess Protection Program. It was a very cute movie and the girls all seemed to enjoy it. By the way, while Grandpa was out getting our dinner, the girls called him to request some movie snacks. Their requests were simple....popcorn, candy corn and M&Ms. They nibbled a bit and then started quieting down. As of this moment, we have two down, and two to go! Who knows what tomorrow will hold!!??!!
As far as earlier in the week goes...
Monday I spent at the dentist getting a couple of teeth worked on. No cavities or anything, just a little cosmetic stuff. But nobody would notice but me! Oh, well. The doc wanted to do it to "strengthen" my teeth. Ok....as long as insurance will pay.
Tuesday was book group. We read Minding Mama, by Marilyn Arnold this month. It was a funny book about a woman who promised her mother that when she died she'd take her to southern Utah (from Georgia) to be buried. So she did...literally. She propped her up in the cab of her old pickup and headed across the country. The book tells of her various antics/encounters on the road. It's a very funny book.
Wednesday, I went back to the dentist so he could finish up the teeth he worked on on Monday. Then I went to Erin's to take pictures of my 7gypsies Christmas project. As soon as I get the ok, I'll post pictures here.
Thursday was a full day. Brian called on Wednesday night and asked if I was available on Thursday to watch Luke. Their sitter and her kids were feeling ill and they needed a place for Luke. Of course, I agreed. So Luke came early Thursday morning. We watched Snow White and Lady and the Tramp. He also entertained himself very well playing with blocks and the little box of plastic animals. And he loves to pound the pegs with the wooden mallet. He could do that forever, it seems! He was building something with the blocks and called to me, "Grandma, I'm building a house. Take my picture!" Of course, I did! What a cute boy. After lunch, he took a 2+ hour nap. I had to wake him to take him to Brian's school.
Today Erin and I got together to bake bread one last time before the baby comes so they will have enough bread to get them through a couple of weeks. We made a quick run to Target for lunch and a couple of movies and Erin needed to stop at Costco. Then it was back home until the girls started to arrive for tonight's festivities. Lest you'd think we left the boys out...not to worry. Their sleepover will be next month! I'm sure it won't include lotions, colognes, lip gloss and hair styling, like the girls' did tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
slow down...you are making me tired!!! :-) i always say this, but you guys are such fun grandparents!!
Post a Comment