I was doing so well, and I guess I fell off the blogger wagon!
The schoolgirls' sleepover was a huge success. We woke up Saturday morning and the girls quickly got dress and went with Grandpa to pick up our Bountiful Basket. They thought that was fun. When they got back home they each chose a couple of their favorite fruits to take home to enjoy. Then we all got ready and went to breakfast. We went to IHOP. That sure was fun! The girls ordered exactly what they wanted and they were all amazed that our waiter, Luis, was able to remember everyone's order, down to the slightest detail, without writing anything down! And he got everyone's orders perfect. Wendy's could take a lesson from IHOP! On our way back home, we saw a sign for an estate sale in our neighborhood. Naturally, we had to stop. They girls were delighted! They each found a cute purse to buy. And when we got home, they were eager for me to find things to fill their purses. We found pencils, pens, highlighters, mints and post-it notes. They were thrilled. We even heard the words, "This is the best day of my life!" That's what makes it all worthwhile.
The in-town girls were picked up around noon and we took Emma home after that. On our way back home, Mark and I made a few stops in the east valley and then we got home and I watched the Relief Society broadcast while Mark went to get dinner. We settled in for the night and were up bright and early Sunday morning. We had told Erin we'd go to her ward to help her with the girls since Chrystalyn was out of town. The girls did well, but I'm not sure how much the rest of us got out of the meeting. We'll have to work on that one. We spent most of the rest of the day at home. Mark had meetings in the afternoon and my siblings/spouses and Mark and I met at Dad's to begin plans for our next family reunion. It looks like it will be in January. We're planning something low-key and relaxing, I hope! Aunt Dovetta treated us all to fry bread. Yum! Thanks!!
Since we like to have cinnamon rolls for conference weekend, Erin and I had to figure out how we would make that happen this time. We decided to make the dough and get it all rolled and cut and freeze it before it had a chance to rise. Then when we're ready to eat it, we'd get it out, let it thaw and rise and then bake it. So that's what we did today. So we have two batches of cinnamon rolls ready to go! Erin had to buy stamps, so we made a quick trip to the post office. Then it was back home and on to household chores.
Tonight we're waiting for Eliza and Libby to come over. They'll be staying here while Erin has baby #5....hopefully, tomorrow. The Doc. is planning on inducing in the morning so we'll have the school girls for a few days. We'll have to get up early to get them to school on time! Yikes!
So I've been wondering the past few days a few things about our newest granddaughter...
What's she been learning before she comes to our family?
Who's been teaching her?
Is she with my mom?
What will she look like?
What will her little personality be like?
How will she fit in with her sisters?
What's she doing today as she prepares to come to earth?
Lots of thoughts passing through my mind.
I'll keep you posted when she arrives!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We've had similar thoughts about this baby!
Cute background!
Post a Comment