Yesterday Libby and I started out the morning being a little bit lazy. But that soon changed!! She found some craft supplies that I've had on a shelf for quite some time. I don't know what they're called, but basically, there is a plastic peg board and you arrange small "beads" (tubular shaped, multi colored) on the pegs to create a pattern/picture. When you're done, you carefully take them to the ironing board, cover with waxed paper and iron until the plastic beads have melted and adhered to one another. Your picture is still there, but the beads are now all one piece. I had about a million of those little beads, and she somehow managed to every darned one of them!!! Yesterday we made 20 different pictures/shapes and today we made 11 more!!! I'm glad they gone, personally!!! Now I won't have to do that again!!! She had so much fun, though, being silly and creative. She even got Grandpa in on the project after work yesterday. Last night we watched one of the Madagascar movies. It was cute. Today we went with the summer program kids (and Brian, Dallin, Abby, Luke, Emma, Matthew and Chris) to Broadway Palm to see Charlotte's Web. It was just as good the second time around. The kids LOVED it! They also enjoyed getting autographs and pictures after the show. Then we came home for more crafting and then dinner. Libby wanted to go to Oregano's for pizza, so we called and invited Erin to join us for dinner. It was fun for just the four of us. Libby had planned to spend the night again tonight, but at the last minute she decided to go home with her mom. We'll pick her up tomorrow for a couple of hours to finish her last "activity". She wanted to make brownies (with her own special touch!) for her family tomorrow. She is planning to add some miniature M&Ms to the mixture before she bakes them. Sounds yummy to me! We were a little sad that she went home, but I'm sure she was missing her mom. Oh, well, we'll see her tomorrow!!! And then we get Abby next week!! It should be another FUN week. This is one of the best things we've ever decided to do....spend some quality time with the grandkids!!!
Friday, June 25, 2010
Friday Fun!
Yesterday Libby and I started out the morning being a little bit lazy. But that soon changed!! She found some craft supplies that I've had on a shelf for quite some time. I don't know what they're called, but basically, there is a plastic peg board and you arrange small "beads" (tubular shaped, multi colored) on the pegs to create a pattern/picture. When you're done, you carefully take them to the ironing board, cover with waxed paper and iron until the plastic beads have melted and adhered to one another. Your picture is still there, but the beads are now all one piece. I had about a million of those little beads, and she somehow managed to every darned one of them!!! Yesterday we made 20 different pictures/shapes and today we made 11 more!!! I'm glad they gone, personally!!! Now I won't have to do that again!!! She had so much fun, though, being silly and creative. She even got Grandpa in on the project after work yesterday. Last night we watched one of the Madagascar movies. It was cute. Today we went with the summer program kids (and Brian, Dallin, Abby, Luke, Emma, Matthew and Chris) to Broadway Palm to see Charlotte's Web. It was just as good the second time around. The kids LOVED it! They also enjoyed getting autographs and pictures after the show. Then we came home for more crafting and then dinner. Libby wanted to go to Oregano's for pizza, so we called and invited Erin to join us for dinner. It was fun for just the four of us. Libby had planned to spend the night again tonight, but at the last minute she decided to go home with her mom. We'll pick her up tomorrow for a couple of hours to finish her last "activity". She wanted to make brownies (with her own special touch!) for her family tomorrow. She is planning to add some miniature M&Ms to the mixture before she bakes them. Sounds yummy to me! We were a little sad that she went home, but I'm sure she was missing her mom. Oh, well, we'll see her tomorrow!!! And then we get Abby next week!! It should be another FUN week. This is one of the best things we've ever decided to do....spend some quality time with the grandkids!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment